On the King's Road
KPC Property Development
On the King’s Road
On the King’s Road information evening Wednesday 8th November 7.30-8.30pm. Information evening to hear about the exciting next step on our Property Development Project.
‘Unless the Lord builds the house the builders labour in vain.’ Psalm 127:1
For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God. Hebrews 3:4
The next phase of our building project, aptly named ‘On the King’s Road’, has got underway with the appointment of the architectural firm Hall Black Douglas. They will work with us over the next 3-5 years to successfully deliver our building project in line with our vision to ‘create an inviting space, welcoming to all, where God’s love is shared.’
Hall Black Douglas is involved in a wide variety of building projects throughout Ireland and abroad. The practice is best known locally for their work in East Belfast which includes many GP surgeries, the extension to the Marie Curie Hospice and the EastSide Visitor Centre to name a few. They have also undertaken a number of local church projects – further details of these, including photographs, are in KnockLife (Download On The Kings Road PDF)
Key things to know:
- A building survey has been completed outlining a range of essential maintenance required to the church and associated buildings
- A Master Plan will be developed looking at the whole site, outlining what development is required and offering phased solutions
- The building project is likely to include the essential maintenance work outlined in the survey to the Sanctuary and new development to the rear of the church
- The Initial budget is £2.5m (including fees, contract work, fit-out, contingency and VAT.)
- The project is estimated to take 5 years
Personal donations form a substantial proportion of our overall funding for the project. If you would like to give to the project you can do so by setting up a monthly standing order (please contact Stephen Curragh or Jonny McClelland) or by making a donation by way of the striped envelopes marked ‘Building Fund’.
The Property Development Group would like to thank everyone who has fed into the project to date. We are keen to ensure everyone has an opportunity for input and to hear from as many users as possible. If you have any comments please submit these using the online form or simply talk to any member of the group directly.
Property Development Group:
David Moore, Lynda Gould, Brian Morrow, David Marrs, Stephen Curragh, Peter Fleming, Colin Mounstephen, Susie McCullough
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11